Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show (KLIMS) 2013 Preview
I attended the media preview yesterday and all the photos in this post and in my albums on Facebook are shot with the recently launched Sony NEX – 5T (more info at http://www.sony.com.my ).
With the theme “Efficiency in Motion”, KLIMS 2013 is the 8th edition (after 1980, 1984, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2010 & 2013), is 30,000 square meters in size and features 78 exhibitors. KLIMS 2013 is organized by the Malaysian Automotive Association and is managed by Interexpo (M) Sdn Bhd.
This would actually be my 6th time attending KLIMS and you can see photos from previous KLIMS by searching for “KLIMS” in my site’s search box.
The show starts today and goes on until 24 November 2013 at the Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur. There is ample parking at the bus station right opposite PWTC.
11:00am to 10:00pm on weekdays
10.00am to 10.00pm on weekends
KLIMS13 Ticket Prices:
Adults: RM15 (Weekdays) / RM20 (Weekends)
Child (12yrs & below): RM5 (Weekdays & Weekends)
Family Package: RM30 (Weekdays) / RM40 (Weekends)
(parents with up to 5 children 12yrs & below)
Student (with ID/uniform): RM5 (Weekdays) / RM20 (Weekends)
Complimentary entry: Handicapped and disabled visitors + 1 accompanying adult
You can purchase your tickets at:
• online at http://www.klims.com.my
• Online at http://www.redtix.airasia.com/Events/KLIMS13/
• KLIMS13 ticketing counters at Putra World Trade Centre during show dates
Exhibition Halls: Tun Razak Hall 1, Tun Razak Hall 2, Tun Razak Hall 3, Tun Razak Hall 4, Merdeka Hall
Vehicle Brand Exhibitor Booths at KLIMS13:
Citroen, Daihatsu, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Lexus, Nissan, Perodua, Peugeot, Toyota, Subaru and Volkswagen
Major highlights of KLIMS13:
Malaysia International Auto Salon, Tun Razak Hall 3
• The Malaysia International Auto Salon will be held for the first time at KLIMS13 showcasing a collection of 30 aftermarket modified cars and uniquely designed cars
• There will be a competition for the best designed cars based on body kit, interior paint and stickers. Visitors can vote for their favorite car at KLIMS13
• The Malaysia International Auto Salon is a collaboration between the organizer of KLIMS13 and Tom’s Stickers
Tamiya Remote Controlled (RC) Race, Tun Razak Hall 1 Mezzanine
• The largest ever indoor remote control car race will be held on the entire deck of the Mezzanine floor
• The race will be ran in four categories – the RC Race, the Drift Race, the RC Mini Z Race and the Mini 4WD Race
• Open practice sessions of the race will be held from 15 to 22 November. The qualifying session will take place on 23 November with the finals happening on 24 November.
FI Grand Prix & Simulators Challenge, Tun Razak Hall 3
• Formula One race car replicas and simulators where visitors will have the opportunity to experience Formula One racing with the simulators
• Visitors can experience the Formula One race driver’s seat with GT Omega simulators geared for adults, ladies and children
American Classic Cars Showcase, Tun Razak Hall 4
• The American Classic Cars Showcase will display a fleet of twenty-five classic cars ranging from Pontiac, Dodge, Ford and Chevrolet.
Anyway here are some reasons why you should visit KLIMS 2013.
Don’t forget to enter the lucky draws:
Grand Prizes – Toyota Prius Luxury 1.8L, Honda CRZ (for adult and family package ticket purchasers)
For Maybank customers visiting KLIMS13 – Volkswagen Beetle 2.0L TSI
Daily lucky Draw prizes – Air Asia tickets, Legoland Tickets, prizes sponsored by exhibitors
Photos shot with the Sony NEX-5T. More info at https://timchew.net/2013/10/01/sony-new-camera-2013-launch/ or http://www.sony.com.my