[Tech & Gadgets]
Creative Technology recently released the Creative Outlier Pro, the latest addition to the well-received Outlier True Wireless series. The newly designed earbuds are poised to lift the ante for True Wireless with Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and Ambient Mode, as well as an amazing battery life of up to 60 hours for a superior listening experience. The Creative Outlier Pro stands out as the ideal true wireless earbuds because they are equipped with six microphones in total, configurable touch controls, IPX5-certified water resistance, Bluetooth® 5.2 connectivity, and wireless charging.
With Hybrid ANC, which is generally found only on high-end headphones, the Creative Outlier Pro provides users with an exceptional listening experience. This ANC technology is referred to as “hybrid” as it incorporates both the feedforward and feedback ANC systems on each earphone to efficiently filter out undesired background noises. As a result, users may concentrate while on an essential conference call or listening to their favourite music without being distracted.
On the other hand, users can switch to Ambient Mode to allow just the appropriate amount of ambient sound in, which is useful when users want to be aware of their surroundings, such as when walking along a road. The controls are easy to use and can be toggled between ANC Mode and Ambient Mode with simple taps on the earphones, or via the Creative app.
Furthermore, the new and larger 10 mm graphene-coated driver diaphragms expertly tuned by Creative’s in-house audio engineers substantially enhance acoustic performance. This equates to improved clarity, greater bass, and effective ANC quality – all while increasing earbud power efficiency.
Creative Outlier Pro is the ideal audio companion for long commutes, workouts, or endless Netflix marathons, with a total battery life of up to 60 hours and a playtime of up to 15 hours on a single charge. Even with hybrid ANC enabled, users will be able to play for up to 10 hours on a single charge and up to 40 hours total.
The earbuds also come with different sizes of soft silicone ear tips, making it simple for users to choose the ideal fit for improved noise insulation and comfort.
The Creative Outlier Pro effortlessly pairs with the user-friendly Creative app, which allows you to personalise the touch controls and activate a variety of handy functions like as the Low Latency Mode. This newly introduced feature cuts the Creative Outlier Pro’s latency by more than half, allowing customers to experience better synchronised music and video content.
Creative Outlier Pro has been specially tuned to enable Super X-Fi READY, which is a free preview version of the Super X-Fi technology available via the SXFI app. Users can sample Super X-Fi headset holography on their phones’ personal music content.
I’m a fan of:
- Hybrid ANC and Ambient Mode which is rather uncommon (most others around the same price only have ANC on and off)
- Incredibly long-lasting battery – (ANC Off) Up to 15 hours of battery life on a single charge, 60 hours including charging case. (ANC On) Up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge, 40 hours including charging case
- Really cool looking and futuristic design – like something out of a sci-fi movie like Star Trek, not just any boring old buds/ pods
- Superior sound quality – to be entirely honest, I was quite surprised by this but in my personal opinion I preferred this over other brands. The Creative Outlier Pro provided solid bass, rich mids, and clear treble.
- IPX5 sweatproof and in-ear design that won’t fall out of your ears, making the Creative Outlier Pro suitable for outdoor use (I dare not use my non-in-ear buds outdoors for fear that they might drop out), activities, and exercise
Not so much a fan of:
- The size of the case – unfortunately, the case had to be rather large to provide that amazing battery life so it was rather too big to comfortably fit into my pants’/ jeans pocket (shouldn’t be an issue for girls to carry in their handbags though)
The Creative Outlier Pro is priced at SGD$119 and is available at the Creative online store (Singapore) at creative.com/OutlierPro
Photo credits: Creative and author’s own