La Galerie at Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris Reinvents Itself with a New Culinary Offering Celebrating Iconic French Dishes
Adorned with magnificent 19th century tapestries and works of art, La Galerie is the heart and soul of Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris. The restaurant’s new menu pays homage to France and celebrates the best of contemporary French cooking, with dishes crafted by Alan Taudon. Modern and creative, his cuisine features clever twists on much-loved classics.
In line with French culinary traditions and sustainable practices, the chef has carefully selected small quality producers and market gardeners based just a few kilometres from Paris.
“In the palace of gastronomy, I was keen to offer our clients a table that pays tribute to traditional French gastronomy, while celebrating the immense work carried out on a daily basis by our local producers.”Alan Taudon
Highlight of Chef Alan’s new menu include the tender and rich oven-baked Ile-de-France leek confit with vinaigrette, dauphinoise ravioli, hachis parmentier (minced beef topped with mashed potatoes), Parisian coquillettes with decadent black truffle shavings, and freshly caught grilled blue Brittany lobster.
When it comes to sweet treats, Chef Michael Bartocetti takes a creative twist on traditional French desserts. Alongside millefeuille with Madagascan vanilla, is the chef’s unmissable Paris-Brest with Piedmont hazelnuts, and soufflé which is made with Berger chocolate, offering intense cocoa flavours and a mild, pleasant bitterness.
La Galerie is opened daily from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
For reservations, telephone +33 1 49 52 70 06
For more info, head over to https://www.fourseasons.com/paris/
The Taste of Autumn: Garden Afternoon Tea at Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake
This season’s afternoon tea at Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake is inspired by the taste of autumn from grain abundance, fruits harvest, and fragrance of osmanthus, which is Hangzhou’s official city flower, and continue to adhere to the concept of health and sustainable development utilising seasonal ingredients, without any additional colouring and additives, placing an emphasis on reducing food waste reduction.
“Guidé par ton odeur vers de charmants climats”
“I was inspired by a French poet Charles Pierre Baudelaire’s poem Les Fleurs du mal, the Parfum exotique. One line says ‘guidé par ton odeur vers de charmants climats,’ or ‘guided by scent to charming climates,’ so why not design an autumn afternoon tea like a perfume journey? My dessert main fragrance are fruits and flowers, then transition to the woodiness of nuts, chestnuts and land fragrance of grain, finally end off with chocolate.”Pastry Chef Weilu Wang
“A grain of millet is planted in spring and ten thousand seeds are harvested in autumn”
Western Kitchen Chef De Cuisine Wilson Leong is full of passion and his inspirations are derived from his connections with the city.
The Taste of Autumn: Fruits
- The Song of Sicily – Poached Buddha’s hand, citrus caramel bathed with a cold Sicily citrus sauce, the coconut genmaicha sorbet blooms on the plate like the white moonlight in autumn. The taste is citrusy, refreshing, cool and appetising.
- Île flottante – The dream of French dessert. Meringue is dancing on the ginger maple crème anglaise with seasonal pears and macadamia nuts, a whole new expression of the modern Île flottante.
- Pistacia – Pistachios originating from Central Asia are representative of exotic aroma in autumn in this chiffon cake roll with pistachio crème brûlée with roasted cherry compote and blackberries, sweet and soft.
The Taste of Autumn: Grains
- Manor Day – The aroma of smashed butternut squash combined with fresh and juicy 62℃ sous vide wagyu beef, taste delicious, explodes lasting happiness.
- Pastoral Poem – Beetroot puree, burrata cheese, hazelnuts, pine nut, walnut oil lying on the oat wheat bread surface, taste fresh, sweet. It turns out that poetry and distance are in the reality of this earth, real but not illusionary.
- Waltz – An innovative French classic fall dessert Montblanc comprising of chestnuts mousse, and cœur coolant, cognac poached apple, vanilla chantilly, and hazelnuts tart, the fragrance of smell fill one’s lungs, leading to endless aftertaste.
- Oud – Dark chocolate mousse and roasted grain sorghum are rich in layers, topped with almond; the air light texture of the mousse and the smell of baked rice grains blends seamlessly.
The Taste of Autumn: Osmanthus
- Brioche – Hangzhou is full of osmanthus fragrance in autumn, and this brioche is made of tarte au sucre brioche, osmanthus diplomate cream and sweet figs. The fruit fragrance is wrapped with the fragrance of flowers, smooth, and sweet texture, yet not over rich and heavy. It can melt the artistic conception of “looking for osmanthus in the middle of the mountain temple.”
- Osmanthus Salmon Bijou – Osmanthus-smoked salmon, sweet figs, pomegranate jelly. A refreshing osmanthus scent is the obvious highlight. The sweetness of osmanthus fills the entire mouth when popped in.
- Available from 13 September to 26 November 2021, from 1:00pm to 5:00 pm
- Set for two persons priced at CNY 568* per set
- Set for three persons priced at CNY 852*per set
For reservations, call 86(571)8113-5188
W Hotels Celebrates the Opening of W Changsha
W Hotels Worldwide, part of Marriott International, celebrated the official launch of W Changsha, which is the capital and largest city in Hunan province, China on 7 September 2021. Owned by the Hunan Yunda Industry Group, W Changsha is the first W in central China and is strategically located in the buzzing heart of the city’s business and shopping district. The hotel reflects the bright spirit of the futuristic and multi-dimensional city with a provocative and playful design inspired by space travel.
“W Changsha marks the eighth W hotel to open in China, one of the most influential markets in both travel and business, and we’re excited to bring W Hotels to more destinations across the country. Cities such as Changsha, with their future-focused residents and fast-growing millennial luxury market who crave the new and unexpected, are playgrounds of limitless possibilities for W.”Tom Jarrold, Global Brand Leader, W Hotels Worldwide
Easily accessible, W Changsha is within a 30-minute drive to the Changsha Huanghua International Airport, 15-minute drive to the Changsha South Railway Station and connects directly to the Beijing-Hong Kong-Macau Expressway. Designed by the acclaimed Cheng Chung Design (H.K.) Ltd, W Changsha takes imaginative risks with daring new design forms celebrating Changsha’s rich heritage and modernity. In China, Changsha is also known as “Star City” and its name inspires the hotel’s design narrative featuring bold geometric patterns mixed with contemporary avant-garde artwork. Exclusively commissioned by the hotel, whimsical artwork such as the Schrodinger’s Cat series and the Zeta art installations explore the mystery of the universe through the W lens, creating unexpected encounters throughout the hotel.
Upon arrival at W Changsha, guests are greeted by the iconic W logo, illuminated to resemble the surface of the moon. “Avenue of the Stars,” a mixed-media landscape combining digital, interactive, and sound art, transports guests to RUNWAY, a destination bar in the Living Room, the brand’s signature, socially driven spin on the traditional hotel lobby. Here, the “Pepper Man” sculpture invites guests to look up and marvel anew at the wonders of space within the context of Changsha’s local custom and culture
The hotel’s 345 guest rooms and suites offers modern luxuries and new-tech conveniences, with walls depicting planets, constellations, and discovery of the nebulae through a “meow eye cabin” LED screen emulating space exploration. From 26th floor to the highest floor on 28th, the triple-story Extreme – WOW Suite (the brand’s take on the presidential suite) incorporates more than 1,000 square meters of living and leisure space, including a private garden and a swimming pool, to make for a brilliant venue for private events amplified by the hotel’s signature service.
W Changsha promises to be the newest dining destination for local foodies with three restaurants and a destination bar. TROPICS, the hotel’s all-day restaurant, delivers an immersive experience with its open-concept kitchen offering local and international cuisine. SHINN YEN celebrates Changsha’s culture through dining and art, with a lively approach to local Hunanese cuisine showcasing the region’s spicy flavors. Every evening, a mesmerizing live cabaret show remixed with Hunan traditional opera further animates the dining experience. At night, RUNWAY is the hotel’s destination bar where all guests take center stage to see and be seen. The bar lights up with electrified musical performances that pair perfectly with handcrafted cocktails and light bites.
With more than 1,000 square meters of function space across five flexible rooms, W Changsha offers limitless possibilities for hosting both work and social gatherings. In the foyer, a graffiti and pop art “Fist Bump” sculpture—the international expression of a friendly greeting—awaits guests as they meet before a spirited occasion. Every meeting room is multifunctional and equipped with the latest audio-visual technology adapted to specific event requirements. In between meetings, guests can take a break with W Recess, the hotel’s original take on a coffee break with a diverse beverage and food selection designed to elevate any event.
After work or play, guests can kick-back by the reflection pool or make a splash at WET®, an expansive pool with a three-meter ‘Space Cat’ sculpture. The 24/7, fully-equipped FIT fitness center offers weights and cardio as well as heart-pumping dance classes to burn calories, while the AWAY SPA offers relaxation and rejuvenation for the body and mind.
“We are thrilled to debut the W Hotels brand in central China and mark another symbolic step for us as we continue to expand our luxury portfolio into new markets across the country. As domestic travel continues to pick up tremendous momentum, we are bringing new and exciting brands such as W to the country’s emerging leisure destinations.”Henry Lee, President, Greater China, Marriott International
For more information or to make a reservation, visit wchangsha.com
Photo credits: Respective hotels