Glenfiddich Whisky Tasting at Brazzo
Elaine and I headed over to Brazzo at The Cascades in Kota Damansara recently for the Glenfiddich single malt whisky tasting session organised by Thai-Pore Wines & Spirits which is the official importer and distributor of Glenfiddich in Malaysia.
Now Glenfiddich is firmly one of my all time favourite single malt whiskies and I was fortunate enough to have been able to attend the Valley of the Dear event last year on two (2) nights. This time though, the tasting was for Glenfiddich 12, 15 and 18 and was facilitated by Glenfiddich’s regional brand ambassador Matthew who shared some interesting info about the brand and the distillery.
Tasting Notes – GLENFIDDICH 12 YEAR OLD
NOSE: Distinctively fresh and fruity with a hint of pear. Beautifully crafted and delicately balanced.
TASTE: Characteristic sweet, fruity notes. Develops into butterscotch, cream, malt and subtle oak flavours.
FINISH: A long smooth and mellow finish.
Glenfiddich 12 is carefully matured in the finest American oak and European oak sherry casks for at least 12 years, mellowed in oak marrying tuns to create its sweet and subtle oak flavours. This expression is creamy with a long, smooth and mellow finish, and is the prime example of Glenfiddich’s unique Speyside style.
Tasting Notes – GLENFIDDICH 15 YEAR OLD
COLOUR: Golden, a red hue.
NOSE: An intriguingly complex aroma. Sweet heather honey and vanilla fudge combined with rich dark fruits.
TASTE: Silky smooth, revealing layers of sherry oak, marzipan, cinnamon and ginger. Full-bodied and bursting with flavour.
Aged in European oak sherry casks and new oak casks, the whisky is mellowed in Glenfiddich’s unique Solera Vat, a large oak tun inspired by the sherry bodegas of Spain and Portugal. The Solera Vat is never emptied, and is always kept half full of whiskies since 1998.
Tasting Notes – GLENFIDDICH 18 YEAR OLD
COLOUR: Rich bronze
NOSE: A remarkably rich aroma with ripe orchard fruit, baked apple and robust oak.
TASTE: Richly delivers luxurious dried fruit, candy peel and dates. Overlaid with elegant oak notes.
FINISH: Warming, rewarding and distinguished.
Glenfiddich uses fine Spanish Oloroso wood and American oak to mature this rich, intriguingly fruity and robust oak expression. Every batch is individually numbered and has extraordinary consistency and character from an intense marrying period, and a warming, distinguished finish.
For more info, head over to http://www.glenfiddich.com/
The BrandLaureate BestBrands Awards 2016
The BrandLaureate BestBrands Awards 2016 was held on 2 June 2016 at the Majestic Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. This year’s awards was themed, “Dare To Move In, Move With, Move Up For Your Brand”, and celebrated the best companies in the country, and The BrandLaureate’s 10th Anniversary.
All recipients of The BrandLaureate BestBrands Awards are carefully selected by the selection committee. Each of the award winners have shown exceptional accomplishments in branding and these outstanding brands, products and personalities are the best in their respective industry and have achieved dominance in their particular niches.
The event also saw the celebration of The BrandLaureate’s 10th Anniversary with a cake cutting ceremony by the Board of Governors of the Asia Pacific Brands Foundation. President of The BrandLaureate, Dr KKJohan presented the newly appointed Chairman of the Asia Pacific Brands Foundation, YBhg. Tan Sri Rainer Althoff as well as the previous Chairman, YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr. Aseh Che Mat with a glitter portrait painted by artist, Meteor.
In his welcome speech, Dr KKJohan, President of The BrandLaureate proudly mentioned the Foundation’s success in creating branding awareness, “We have created a huge and strong wave of interest and awareness in brands and branding in the country and this wave has spread throughout the world. We have revolutionized the whole branding awards industry, set new trends, set new records and standards. I am proud to say that no one has done it better than The BrandLaureate.”
He further expounded on the reason behind the Award’s chosen theme, “Firstly, brands must MOVE IN into battlefield and take position. Secondly, they must MOVE ON with the competition. You must have a good understanding of the battlefield. Thirdly, they must MOVE WITH your game plan – that is the brand strategy. If they have done all that, they would then be able to MOVE UP to claim their leadership, their victory. That is Brand Leadership.”
The BrandLaureate BestBrands Award 2015-2016: Winner’s listings
The BrandLaureate Brandpreneurial Leadership Awards
1. Mr Lim Peng Jin, Managing Director of Scientex Berhad
2. Mr. Liao Yuan Shun, Executive Chairman and Managing Director of White Horse Berhad
3. Mr. Sin Kheng Lee, Executive Chairman & Group Managing Director of SKB Shutters Corporation Berhad
4. YBhg Datuk Tee Eng Ho, Executive Chairman of Kerjaya Prospek Group Bhd
5. YBhg Datuk Andrew T.K. Lim, Managing Director of SOGO (K.L.) Department Store Sdn. Bhd
The BrandLaureate Most Valuable Brand Award
1. AIA: No.1 Life Insurer
2. Berjaya Corporation: Conglomerate
3. IJM: Construction & Builder of Choice
4. Lam Soon Edible Oils: FMCG
5. LBS: Property
6. MUI: Conglomerate
7. Public Mutual: Financial & Wealth Planning – Unit Trust
The BrandLaureate Most Sustainable Brand Award
1. Brunsfield: Leadership in Real Estate & Management
2. I&P Group: Leadership in Property
3. International Brands Gallery: Leadership in Manufacturing – Latex Bedding
Solutions (Retail Gallery)
4. Jones Lang Wootton: Leadership in Real Estate Investment
5. Kossan Rubber Industries: Leadership in Innovation – Gloves
6. Pelangi Publishing: Leadership in Publishing & Education Solutions
7. Sarawak Cable: Leadership in Manufacturing – Power & Telecommunications Cable
8. Sarawak Energy: Leadership in Power Generation & Renewable Energy
9. Scientex: Leadership in Manufacturing – Industrial Stretch Film
10. SKB Shutters Manufacturing: Leadership in Security Solutions – Roller Shutters,
Steel Doors & Storage Systems
11. The Majestic Hotel: Leadership in Hospitality – Hotel
12. White Horse: Leadership in Ceramic – Tiles
The BrandLaureate Most Celebrated Brand Award
1. Aeon: No. 1 Brand in General Merchandise Stores
2. Chow Tai Fook: Premier & Luxury Jewellery
3. Mah Sing: Property
4. Nivea: Personal Skincare Solutions
5. Sothys: Skin Care & Spa Treatment
The BrandLaureate Transformational Brand Award
1. Angkatan Tentera Malaysia
2. Credit Guarantee Corp Malaysia
3. Institut Jantung Negara
4. Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia
5. Polis Diraja Malaysia
The BrandLaureate President’s Award
1. Antabax: Consumer – Derma Protection Solutions
2. Beyonde Marqui Plus: Wellness – Antioxidant Supplement
3. Lonpac Insurance: Insurance – General Insurance
4. Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB): Services – Meetings, Incentives,
Conferences and Exhibitions
5. SOGO (K.L.) Department Store: Retail – Department Store
6. Swissma Building Technologies: Manufacturing – Steel Roofing
7. Tropicana Golf & Country Resort: Lifestyle – Golf
8. Universiti Teknologi Petronas: Tertiary Education – Engineering, Science &
9. XOX Com: Innovation – Mobile Network Operator – XOX Mobile Season Pass
10. Yokohama: Automotive – Batterie
The BrandLaureate Signature Award
1. Cola Vita: Consumer – Olive Oil
2. ecoBrown: Wellness – Brown Rice & Cereal
3. Felda Yangambi: Innovation – Oil Palm Germinated Seeds
4. G Hotel Gurney: Lifestyle – Business & Leisure Hotel
5. Gurney Plaza: Retail – Shopping Mall
6. Maserati: Lifestyle – Premium Marque
7. MK Land: Leadership in Property
8. Tokio Marine Life Insurance: Insurance – Life
The BrandLaureate Best Choice Award
1. Blackmores: Wellness – Nutritional Supplements
2. Carlsberg: Lifestyle – Beer
3. Great Eastern Life Assurance: Leadership in Financial Planning & Wealth
4. Knife: Consumer – No. 1 Brand in Cooking Oil
5. Laura Ashley: Lifestyle – Fashion & Home Furnishing
6. Limkokwing: Malaysia’s Most Successful Global Brand in Education – Creative
7. Munchy’s: Consumer – Biscuits
8. Public Bank: Leadership in Banking – Finance
9. Ribena: Beverages – Fruit Juices
The BrandLaureate Corporate Branding Award
1. Agro Harta: Agri-business – Fertilisers
2. AUO SunPower: Green – Solar Cell Manufacturing
3. Bank Rakyat: Banking – Islamic Co-operative Bank
4. Benalec: Engineering – Marine Construction Services
5. BHS Industries: Publishing – Printing Solutions
6. Cepat Wawasan: Agrobased – Oil Palm
7. Kerjaya Prospek: Construction
8. redOne: Telecommunication – Service Provider
9. Unilever Marketing: MLM – Premium Health & Beauty Products
10. Worldwide Environment: Environment – Environmental Management Services
More info at http://www.thebrandlaureate.com/