Carlsberg Connection Block Party at the Journey of Taste at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
My partner in crime and I headed over to Pavilion Kuala Lumpur on 4 September (before heading to the premier night of Saturday Night Live which you can read about here – https://timchew.net/2015/09/07/saturday-night-fever-the-musical-live-in-kuala-lumpur-2015/) for the Carlsberg Connection Block Party in conjunction with Pavilion KL’s “Journey of Taste”. The “Journey of Taste” runs from 1st to 30th September 2015, and offers shoppers a journey of food trails, promotions and events, with over 150 F&B tenants, dedicated gourmet hall, spacious restaurants with private rooms and a VIP dining concierge.
To make the journey even more exciting, the mall has lined up a series of promotions, cooking workshops and food demonstrations for people of all ages including children. Cooking workshops held in partnership with restaurants like Fish & Co. and Ippudo.
The Carlsberg Connection Block Party was where shoppers could go restaurant hopping along Connection, to try out the beer-pairing menus offered in collaboration with Carlsberg Malaysia’s portfolio of beers.
Here’s a look at what will be happening during the ” Journey of Taste”:
Journey of Taste – Events
- Serai @ Pavilion KL Grand Opening l Serai @ Pavilion KL, Level 7 l 3 September 2015
- Carlsberg Connection Block Party l Connection Precinct, Level 3 l 4 September 2015
- La Boca Tango Argentina l La Bodega, Level 3 l 6 September 2015, 5pm
- A French A-Flair L’officiel Malaysia Launch l Couture Precinct, Level 3 l 8 September 2015
- Torres Wine Dinner l The Pressroom Bistro, Level 3 l 9 September 2015, 6pm
- Journey of Tea by Twg Tea l TWG Tea, Level 2 l 10 September 2015, 2pm
- La Bodega Spanish Weekend l La Bodega, Level 3 l 11-13 September 2015
- Taste of Tuscany l Azzuro Cafe, Level 2 l 14 September 2015, 7pm
- Chatime Thai Tea Festival l Chatime, Level 4, 15 September 2015, 11am
- Bruichladdich Tasting Event l Couture Pavilion, Level 3 l 17 & 18 September 2015
- Carlsberg Be(Er) Responsible l Connection Precinct, Level 3 l 18 September 2015, 5pm
Journey of Taste – Workshops and Demonstrations
- Cook Faster with Kitchen Hacks l Times Bookstore, Level 6 l 12 September 2015, 2pm
- Cooking with Marina Mustafa l Times Bookstore, Level 6 l 12 September 2015, 3pm
- Little Fisherian Workshop by Fish & Co. l Fish & Co., Level 4 l 13 September 2015
- Ichiban Boshi Tuna Cutting Demonstration l Ichiban Boshi, Level 3, 19 September 2015, 3.30pm
- Little Pizza Makers by Spasso Milano l Spasso Milano, Level 6 l 19 & 20 September 2015, 3.30pm
- Ippudo Child Kitchen l Ippudo, Level 4 l 25 September 2015 l 9am & 3pm
- La Juiceria Cold Pressed Juice Talks l La Juiceria, Level 1 l 25 September 2015, 10am
Malaysia Day Specials
It is Malaysia’s 58th independence anniversary so you only need to pay RM5.80 for Nasi Lemak at the participating tenants.
- Kampong Kravers, Level 1
- Toast Box, Level 1
- Nasi Lemak @ Food Republic, Level 1
- Daily Kopitiam, Level 4
- Grandmama’s, Level 6
- Serai @Pavilion KL, Level 7
- Strike A Balance with Kronenbourg 1664 l 9, 16, 23 & 30 Sept 2015 – Receive a complimentary Kronenbourg 1664 bottle with RM100 spent at specialty stores.*
- Ease Your Monday Blues with Connor’s l 7, 14, 21 & 28 Sept 2015 – Receive one pint of Connor’s Stout Porter for free with RM100 spent at specialty stores.*
- #Thatweekendfeeling with Somersby l 6, 13, 20 & 27 September – Free Somersby with RM100 spent at specialty stores.*
(*Maximum of 100 redemptions per day. Redemptions only at Fashion Avenue Concierge, Level 3.)
Dine at Pavilion KL and collect stamps as you spend to enjoy rewards.
Receive a stamp with every RM80 spent in a single receipt and receive a complimentary food voucher with every 3 stamps collected. Citi Credit/ Charge Card holders will receive a stamp with every RM50 spent in a single receipt. (Valid while stocks last. Maximum of 3 stamps per receipt.
Fly me to Europe
Stand a chance to win a pair of Business Class Return Tickers from Turkish Airlines when you complete all 20 stamps. Drop your completed contest form at Concierge Desk, Level 3 or Fashion Avenue Concierge, Level 2.
Maximum of 3 stamps per receipt. Limited to receipt dine from 1 – 30 September 2015 only. Other terms and conditions apply.
Speaking at the launch, Ms. Kung Suan Ai said, “As the defining authority in dining, Journey of Taste gives us the perfect opportunity to highlight the unique food experiences the mall offers. Besides the wide variety of food, we also have the services and facilities to suit any occasion or celebrations. Being a true dining hub means that shoppers can embark on a full sensory journey with us and taste their way around the world. We are thrilled to be able to host this event and cannot wait for shoppers to start their journey with us. We’d also like to thank our official bank partner, Citibank, whose support helped to make this event possible.”
Throughout the month of September, visitors can visit Journey of Taste and enjoy exclusive promotions and special menus at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. As Citi is the official bank partner in collaboration with Visa, Citi cardholders will enjoy a 20% discount on selected menus and food items, while complimentary food vouchers can be redeemed by collecting stamps with every RM50 spent on the Citi credit card, or RM80 for non-Citi cardholders.
For more info, call Pavilion Kuala Lumpur’s VIP Dining Concierge at 03 2118-8835 or visit head over to their website www.pavilionkl.com
There will also be updates on Pavilion Kuala Lumpur’s Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PavilionKL, Twitter page at @Pavilion_KL, Instagram account @PavilionKualaLumpur or LINE @PavilionKL.
Photo credits: Pavilion KL and author’s own