Headed over to The Social in Desa ParkCity with DJ Alexis Grace on 28 July 2015 for the finals of the Malaysian leg of the No.3 London Dry Gin – “Hit the Right Note” Cocktail Competition.
The finalists had to prepare three (3) cocktails using No.3 London Dry Gin, and were judged based on:
- 1 gin and tonic
- 1 party shooter cocktail using King’s Ginger
- 1 martini cocktail with music
The finalists were (in no particular order):
1. Pisco Bar – Matteo Arrigoni
2. Mr. Brooks – Zulkhairy b A. Razali
3. La Bodega Malacca – Danial Hakimi Anthony
4. Social – Ahmad Iglia b Yaacob
5. Marini’s on 57 – Jason Julian
6. Tate – Insan Nurull Sharily b Ramli
7. La Boca – Calzeno Clitus
8. Lavo – Jose Kim (Hakimi) Jose Kim Fulgencio
The eight (8) finalists tried their best to wow the judges with their showmanship and skills, interacting with the crowd along the way.
And made some awesome cocktails which we got to drink (we ended up drinking almost all the 24 cocktails!).
The winners were:
First place – Danial Hakimi Anthony from La Bodega Malacca
Second place – Jason Julian from Marini’s on 57
Third place – Insan Nurull Sharily b Ramli from Tate
The winner gets to represent Malaysia at the regional finals and could possibly go on to the world finals!
No.3 London Dry Gin is distributed in Malaysia by Sunrise Wines & Spirits.
Photos shot with the Canon EOS M3. More info at http://www.canon.com.my/personal/products/compact-cameras/eos-m/eos-m3-kit1?languageCode=EN