Headed over to Providence KL at The Intermark on 12 February 2015 for the exclusive media preview of BOMBERG timepieces and the unveiling the BOMBERG BOLT-68 collection. BOMBERG was only launched in 2012 however CEO Mr. Giancarlo Mantuano mentioned that it has successfully cultivated a loyal fan base that enjoys the nonconformist nature of the Brand.
BOMBERG Chairman Rick De La Croix had a vision to create and establish a long-standing watch brand with international exposure, designed to take on the blue ocean market instead of fighting the competition in the crowded red ocean market. Thus he conceptualised a brand that concentrates on the needs and desires of its target community, featuring designs that can be adapted to suit different outfits and looks and are head-turners as they depart from the norm of watch design.
Staying true to their nonconformist brand values, the watches were presented by models in a very sexy fashion show.
(Click on the individual photos to open a larger version.)
New CEO Mr. Giancarlo Mantuano has experience in the watch industry for over 14 years, working in SwatchGroup to Romain Jerome, and spending the last 3 years in the KERING Group as Head of Sales for JEANRICHARD.
“We made the exciting decision to expand to Malaysia as we are aware that watch lovers here are trendsetters, who appreciate the details that makes a great timepiece. We have decided to launch BOMBERG with its BOLT-68 collection, because we feel it represents the essence of our brand – reinterpreting the traditional wrist watch,” said Mr. Giancarlo.
The BOLT-68 collection represents the brand’s DNA, and was launched in 2014. The number 68 refers to one of the most significant years of the 20th Century ushering in new social parameters and changes. The BOLT-68 collection is strong and functional, stylish and bold, twisted and relevant, rebellious yet totally non-compliant with Swiss watch standards.
The BOLT-68 collection consists of 18 statement pieces where each stainless steel casing features the buttons and the crown placed at 12 o’clock instead of on the side as is the norm for most timepieces. The timepieces are dual functional with a bayonet system that separates the case to the strap, which allows it to be attached to robust medallions and oversized links in order to become a trendy pocket watch and a real fashion statement.
Here are more photos from the launch. (Click on the individual photos to open a larger version.)
BOMBERG timepieces are available at the following Watatime outlets:
- Pavilion Shopping Mall (Lot No. 2.61, Level 2, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur) Tel: 017-2492066
- KLCC Shopping Mall (Lot No. C28A, Concourse Floor Suria KLCC) Tel: 017-3350866
- Mid Valley Megamall (Lot No. G-055, Ground Floor) Tel: 017-2520866
- 1 Utama Shopping Centre (Lot G107, Ground Floor) Tel: 017-2483066
- Sungai. Wang Plaza (LG144) Tel: 017-2480866
- Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall (Lot G1.61, Ground floor) Tel: 017-2573066
- Subang Parade (LG19, Lower Ground Floor) Tel: 017-2473066
- Mahkota Parade (Lot G52, Ground Floor) Tel: 017-2070266
- IOI City Mall (G-45 Ground Floor, IOI City Mall, Lebuh IRC, IOI City, 62502 Putrajaya) Tel: 03 8957 2018
- Kinta City Shopping Centre (G16, Ground Floor) Tel: 017-2482066
Photo credits: BOMBERG Malaysia (Watatime), Andy Kho Photography (www.andykho.com) using the Sony Alpha 6000, and author’s own using the Sony Alpha 5100.