Test Drive – Peugeot 208
Hot hatches are really fun to drive so when the nice folks at Peugeot Malaysia (aka Nasim Sdn Bhd) invited me to test drive the Peugeot 208 (5 door) for a weekend I happily obliged. Of course it also helped as I have an affinity towards Peugeot cars as I love the level of refinement and detail on their mass market cars.
Styling wise, the Peugeot 208 looks sleek and stylish with the large grille and swept back headlights. Under the hood is a 1.6 litre 4 inline cylinders DOHC 16 valve, VTI (dual variable valve timing and lift) engine which generates 122ps and has a max torque of 160Nm at 4,250rpm.
The engine is mated to an auto adaptive gearbox with Tiptronic and sport mode, and this translates into a quick nippy little hot hatch that’s great for city roads while parking is a breeze!
The Peugeot 208 runs on 16″ two-tone helium alloy rims with 195/55/R16 tyres and is steered by an advanced electric power steering system. The front suspension is MacPherson struts with anti roll bar while the rear features a trailing arm with deformable cross-member axle. The front brakes come equipped with ventilated discs while the rear uses solid discs.
The Peugeot 208 has a 5 star EURONCAP rating with safety features that include:
- 6 Airbags
- Anti Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Electronic Stability Programme with Anti Skid Regulator and Dynamic Stability Control
- Very high strength steel body structure
- Deadlocking doors
- Electronic child safety door lock
- Auto hazard light on de-acceleration
- 2x ISOFIX anchorage points at the rear
- 3x 3-point safety belts in the rear
Now let’s have a look at the interior.
Other features included in the Peugeot 208:
- 60/40 one touch foldable rear seats
- Glove box with cooler
- Auto wipers function with auto rear wipers in reverse gear
The Peugeot 208 (5 door) is available in five (5) colours namely digital white, platinum black, virtual blue, rogue red, and passion silver.
Price: RM85,888.00 (on the road with insurance) and comes with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty from the date of first registration.
More info at http://www.peugeot.com.my