My first St. Patrick’s Day pre-party was at Jarrod & Rawlins in Damansara Heights on 8 March 2012. Went there straight after attending the Laura Mercier launch with MHB at Sunway Pyramid so by the time I got there it was pretty late. Nevertheless still managed to have a pint and grab some nice pics.
Then it was over to Sid’s Pub Damansara Heights on 10 March 2012 for the street party! Now this is the first time that it’s held at the Damansara Heights outlet as the previous ones were held at the Bukit Tunku and Taman Tun Dr. Ismail (my fav outlet!) outlets.
Here are some simple tips on how you join in the festivities:
1. Wear something green: Green is the official colour of the St Patrick’s celebrations. On Saint Patrick’s Day there is nothing more appropriate than “the wearing of the green” – which is the colour of the shamrock, a symbol of good luck. But wait! After you put on that green suit with the matching shorts, touch it up with a green wig, some oversize green spectacles and grab your GUINNESS® St Paddy’s hat from the nearest GUINNESS® brand ambassador.
2. Connect, connect, connect: Make sure that your mobile/iPad/tablet/walkie-talkie is fully charged and in good working order. Apart from keeping in touch, you can use it to upload photos to Facebook on the spot, or follow GUINNESS® Malaysia on twitter for the latest GUINNESS® St. Patrick’s promotions. Why not foursquare your locations so that your friends can join you, or even better, unlock the Swarm Badge?
3. Go on, take a picture: Whether you use a phonecam, digicam, or DSLR, the GUINNESS® St. Patrick’s parties are perfect opportunity for you to snap away, or even record the exciting events unfolding around you. Share them later on our Facebook fanpage (facebook.com/guinnessmalaysia) and make the one of you as profile picture. Is the battery fully charged? Do you need to bring along additional memory stick or card for the HD recording? But if you do not have a camera of your own, flag down our friendly GUINNESS® girls and get your polaroids with your buddies!
4. Rendezvous point: On the 17th of March, Changkat Bukit Bintang will be packed with the GUINNESS® St. Patrick’s Festival crowd. Add a street parade, street performers, Irish dancers and the Comedy Club KL tent and you will have one really crowded street! It is important to preset a meeting point with your friends prior. For safety purposes: Pick a familiar, safe and well-lit spot.
5. St. Patrick’s Day Trivia: Make sure you read up on all things St Patrick’s and GUINNESS® and make your friends green with envy with your superior trivia knowledge. Put this knowledge to good use and get ready to win exciting prizes at any of the GUINNESS® St. Patrick’s parties happening nationwide.
6. Meet the man behind the brew: GUINNESS® has a rich history of over 250 years. Learn about the legacy of the world’s most iconic black brew at the Arthur’s Lounge. See how GUINNESS® has grown over the years and while you are at it, try your hand at pouring a perfect pint of GUINNESS®. Complete the experience by having that GUINNESS® in a pint that is unique to you. Grab the chance to get your very own GUINNESS® pint glass complete with your name proudly displayed on the glass! Show them off to your mates and have them hopping mad for having missed out!
7. Have a GUINNESS® at hand: GUINNESS® is the official black beer for the St Patrick’s celebration around the world. Over decades, more GUINNESS® has been served on St. Patrick’s Day than any other day of the year – more than 13 million pints across the globe! Make sure that the drink in your hand is the world’s favourite black brew for a truly authentic St Patrick’s.
8. Have a laugh: Visit the Comedy Club KL tent at the centre of Changkat Bukit Bintang for some serious belly-aching. Follow the trail of our hilarious comedy tours as some of Malaysia’s funniest people hold court on the 16th & 17th of March. Make his 1st ever appearance is Papa CJ, one of the top comics from the region.
9. Maximize you pleasure: With so many parties going on in March, planning your St Patrick’s journey is essential to a truly epic month-long celebration. In case you haven’t memorized all the venues yet, here is a list GUINNESS® St Patrick’s parties to go to:-
More info at http://www.facebook.com/guinnessmalaysia
More photos on the Malaysia’s Hottest Bloggers Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/myhotbloggers
0 comments on “Guinness St. Patrick’s Day 2012 Pre-Parties”