Headed over to The Hill in Damansara Heights on 21 December 2011 for the launch of Little Creatures beer with MHB sisters Emma and Johanna Soh. Traffic was surprisingly light (I love December!) and we managed get there on time.
Had a couple of beers while waiting for the official launch and caught up with some media friends of mine. Had one eye on the buffet line as it was nearing dinner time.
Finally came the time for the launch and General Manager of LHFB, Mr. Kenneth Soh commented, “being one of the pioneer leaders in alcoholic beverage industry, Carlsberg and us sharing the same philosophy, focusing on heritage, authenticity and premium products for the top end of the market. We always review and improve our sales and marketing strategies, offering wide variety of selection and leveraging our strong distribution network. With the growing consumer interest in a variety of beer styles and in consultation with our trading partners, we believe that there is the opportunity for our company to provide a full-strength, easy-drinking Australian ale – Little Creatures.”
Kenneth added, “Little Creatures is a microbrewery company based in Fremantle, Western Australia, established in 2000. It is a very special Australian ale, I believe its character and flavour definitely fit those who seek for something special.”
A little info on Little Creatures:
Little Creatures is an independent brewery, producing hand crafted beer of the highest quality from the finest ingredients while maintaining a unique, individual style and culture.
The name arises from the live yeast that is present in the bottles of Little Creatures Pale Ale.
This yeast is affectionately known as the “little creatures.”
The brewery is located on Fishing Boat Harbour in Fremantle, a port city of eclectic cultural style and character.
There will be two (2) variants available in Malaysia.
- Using Specialty Australian malts and Cascade and Galaxy hop flowers from South / East Australia.
- Intense floral, citrus aroma and flavour.
- Pale Ale is live-yeast conditioned in bottles and kegs for unmatched freshness and character. From brewing to release, a batch of pale ale takes about six weeks.
- Alcohol content is 5.2% Alc/Vol.
- Four malts are used in the grist including Pale, Carapils, Wheat and Vienna. The ‘lush’ hop characteristic in “Bright” however is derived from the use of the highly aromatic NZ Motueka hops. It’s called Bright Ale due to the clean filtering.
- Alcohol content is 4.5% Alc/Vol.
Little Creatures is currently available at The Hill, Damansara Heights but will soon be available at major bars and restaurants.
More info at http://www.facebook.com/LittleCreaturesMalaysia
More photos on the Malaysia’s Hottest Bloggers Facebook page (click here).
Photo credits: Little Creatures and author’s own