Fatfish Group, Asean Fintech Group Present the Asean Fintech Investment Opportunity in Partnership with Censuria Capital
Fatfish Group Limited (“FFG”) through its financial technology (fintech) arm, ASEAN Fintech Group (“AFG”), presented its suite of ‘ASEAN Fintech Investment Opportunity’ in partnership with Censuria Capital Sdn Bhd (“Censuria”) at a wealth management investor presentation session on 1 April 2022 held at Equatorial Plaza, Kuala Lumpur.
Fatfish Group Limited (ASX:FFG) (“FFG”) is a publicly-traded tech venture builder firm that started out as a Singapore Government incubator partner and has expanded dynamically to Australia, Southeast Asia and Europe.
ASEAN Fintech Group (“AFG”) is the fintech arm of Fatfish Group (FFG) which empowers and creates value for businesses and consumers through its next-gen multi-vertical tech solutions and services in the areas of Payments, Lending/”Buy Now Pay Later” (BNPL), Insurtech and Wealth Management.
“The strategic partnership between FFG and Censuria through its fintech arm, AFG, provides for future-forward investment opportunities in the multi-vertical tech and fintech value chain of FFG. We strongly believe in cultivating best investment practices that contribute not only to the nation and industry’s growth, but also to provide investment accessibility to potential high net worth investors alike.”CS Wong, Managing Partner (Investments) of Censuria.
Censuria Capital (www.censuria.com) is a Malaysian private equity firm with a focus on collaborating with and growing ASEAN businesses that contribute to the nation’s competitiveness and long-term economic growth. Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Censuria is registered with the Securities Commission of Malaysia as a private equity management corporation as stipulated under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007.
The ASEAN Fintech Investment Opportunity allows investors to participate in the invigorating growth and rapid expansion of the fintech segment of FFG, an integrated multi-vertical value chain across five (5) dynamic countries in ASEAN with solutions and services in payments, buy now pay later (BNPL), insurtech and wealth management.
“With the accessibility to the ASEAN Fintech Investment Opportunity made available, it provides an avenue for potential future-forward sophisticated investors to gain wealth exposure in the tech and fintech sectors that are expected to stand the test of time especially in the digitalisation, automation and intelligence era we are in. We are indeed grateful to see how FFG and AFG have accelerated in growth and size in tandem with our mission to build, move and empower tech and fintech businesses under our portfolio.”Lau Kin Wai, CEO & Director of FFG, also the Executive Director of AFG
In the “Pulse of Fintech H1’21” published by KPMG in August 2021, its findings revealed that prominent high-growth sectors, particularly the fintech space, recorded USD98 billion in private investments in the first half of 2021 alone globally, compared with USD121.5 billion for the whole of 2020.
In “Global FinTech Investment Market, 2021-2025” published by Industry Research in August 2021, the global fintech investment market is also expected to grow by USD54.6 billion from 2021 to 2025, progressing at a CAGR of 7.76% during the forecast period.
Samsung Electronics Debuts its 2022 Neo QLED 8K, Soundbars, and Accessories Lineup
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. showcased its 2022 line-up of Neo QLED 8K, Soundbars, Accessories and Sustainability initiatives at its virtual Unbox & Discover event on 30 March 2022 in Seoul, South Korea. With this new line-up, Samsung aims to redefine the role of television by creating beautifully designed, cutting-edge screens that offer more than just entertainment. This year’s products and features take the screen to new heights by providing one central hub to play, connect, work and more.
“We are focused on creating a seamless experience across all of our products, which allows consumers to effortlessly enjoy all their benefits. The 2022 Neo QLED 8K is designed to fulfil the needs and empower the passion of our consumers, and the innovations are sparked by their experiences,” said Jong-Hee (JH) Han, Vice Chairman, CEO and Head of Samsung Electronics’ DX (Device eXperience) Division. “Neo QLED 8K also has the power to unlock new experiences as the most important device at the centre of the home.”
Samsung’s 2022 portfolio was developed from the vision of ‘Screens Everywhere, Screens for All,’ with TVs at the centre of users’ homes and daily lives. In line with this vision, Samsung created devices that seamlessly connect to provide deep personalization and connectivity ensuring there is a screen fit for every occasion and lifestyle. Historically, TVs and screens have been mainly associated with the act of “watching,” but Neo QLED 8K aims to change this by expanding the user experience.
The 2022 Neo QLED 8K is equipped which has 20 independent neural AI networks, each analyzing the content’s characteristics and picture quality for optimal viewing, regardless of the source.
The Neural Quantum Processor 8K also powers a new technological innovation – Real Depth Enhancer that scans the screen and maximizes contrast with the background by enhancing the object while keeping the background unprocessed. It works similarly to the way human eyes perceive images in real life so the object on screen stands out against the background.
The processor, combined with the powerful Quantum Mini LEDs, creates lighting that is precise and controlled so bright areas stay bright and the dark space around it stays dark – a feature names Shape Adaptive Light Control. (Eg. The full moon will stay bright against the black night sky.)
Samsung’s all-new 2022 QLED received the world’s first ‘Pantone Validated’ certification in display from Pantone, the global authority on colour and creator of the Pantone Matching System (PMS) – meaning the models authentically reproduce more than 2,000 colours as well as the newly added 110 skin tone shades found in Pantone’s guidelines. Additionally, these brilliant colours are comfortable to watch with the new EyeComfort Mode. The feature uses AI technology to automatically adjust the brightness and colour temperature of the screen based on how light or dark the room is combined with the sunset/sunrise information to optimize the most comfortable viewing experience.
The Neural Quantum Processor 8K’s AI analyzes what is on screen in real-time so that the Adaptive Sound features can track and move between speakers to precisely match the movement on-screen.
In QN900B, a flagship Neo QLED 8K model, all the sounds come from a 90W 6.2.4 channel audio system, featuring new top channel speakers and Dolby Atmos with Object Tracking Sound Pro. This technology has also been applied to voice recognition with Voice Tracking Sound, so that sound effects and voices truly follow the movement across the screen.
Samsung is also introducing Wireless Dolby Atmos to its Neo QLED 4K and 8K TVs– bringing pristine audio quality without the clutter of HDMI cables. Wireless Dolby Atmos will also be applied to Samsung’s new 2022 Ultra Slim Soundbar, designed for an immersive audio experience with minimal setup.
To ensure the experience is as seamless as possible, the 2022 line-up is outfitted with new and smarter features and user interface, allowing Samsung TVs and screens to become the central hub to watch content, control devices, play games, work out and more.
- New Smart Hub: This year, Samsung also unveiled Smart Hub, its new user interface, powered by Tizen. The all-new Samsung Smart Hub brings every aspect of the smart experience into one easy-to-navigate home screen. The new tab classifies features, settings, and content into three categories for a seamless user experience: Media, Gaming Hub, and Ambient.
- Media: The Media screen organizes users’ entertainment options – including video on demand, streaming, and Samsung TV Plus with 190+ free channels – and learns users’ preferences with machine learning to make smart recommendations across all platforms and services.
- Gaming Hub: Gaming Hub is a new game streaming discovery platform that bridges hardware and software to provide a seamless player experience that requires no downloads or no storage. Samsung also announced partnerships with leading game streaming services – NVIDIA GeForce NOW, Stadia™ and Utomik, with more to come – to bring their libraries of games to the Gaming Hub. The new platform will be available later this year on select 2022 Samsung Smart TV models.
- Ambient: The Ambient screen enhances the home’s aesthetic by synchronizing the screen’s display with its surrounding décor or making a statement with eye-catching art.
- Gaming Experience: In addition to the all-new Gaming Hub, the 2022 line-up comes with specifications and features that are made for gaming. They include four HDMI 2.1 supporting ports, Motion Xcelerator Turbo Pro 4K 144Hz gaming, Super Ultrawide GameView and Game Bar, making gaming more efficient and accessible for a fast-paced and streamlined experience. Samsung will also be introducing an exclusive TV line-up for gaming in 43 and 50 inches in the near future.
- Samsung Health: Samsung Health offers not only a wide variety of workout and wellness classes but also ways to track progress and routines. Users can easily track their fitness journey and activities on their TV and seamlessly sync with other devices such as Galaxy Watch4 Series to track progress in real-time on the screen.
- SmartThings: With Samsung’s SmartThings, the screen becomes the central hub to conveniently control other home devices at a single point. This feature, included in Samsung TVs, takes advantage of the large screen to help users discover, view and control devices at-a-glance.
- NFT Platform: New in 2022 is Samsung’s NFT Platform, partnering with the industry leader, Nifty Gateway. The ambient mode will offer consumers a one-stop NFT platform to explore and display NFT digital arts on 2022 Neo QLED and QLEDs, a new way to collect and present art works.
Samsung also looked for ways to reduce its footprint and impact the Earth’s environment:
- Eco-Packaging: Samsung is improving its eco-conscious packaging with 90% less ink while also removing the staples during production. Both improvements reduce waste and make it easier for recycling centres to process.
- SolarCell Remote: The SolarCell remote also received an upgrade for 2022. It is 88% more efficient than the previous 2020 models. They are now completely battery-free and can now be charged through 2.4GHz Radio Frequency Harvesting – drawing power from spare energy emitted by Wi-Fi routers.
- Recycled Materials: Samsung’s 2022 TVs, monitors, digital signage, and remote controls use recycled resin. Notably, high-resolution monitors use recycled resin from ocean-bound plastic recovered in coastal areas that would otherwise have become marine hazardous waste.
- The Carbon Trust certification: Samsung’s Neo QLED 8K/4K has achieved the ‘Reducing CO2’ label from the Carbon Trust, demonstrating that the carbon footprint for the Neo QLED lineup is being reduced year over year.
Samsung created new accessories for its 2022 TVs:
- Slim Fit Wall Mount: For those who want to wall mount their screen, the Slim Fit Wall Mount allows the TV to lie flush against the wall while offering swivel up, down, and sideways for the perfect angle no matter where the viewer is seated.
- Studio Stand: In case the TV stand is preferred, the Studio Stand offers a unique and elegant way to display the Neo QLED 8K in an artistic fashion.
- Auto Rotation: The new accessory extends the rotating capabilities of The Sero to the Neo QLED 8K. Auto Rotation brings mobile experiences to the big screen, portrait art to the full screen, and MultiView experiences to new layouts. It can be used as a stand or wall mount so that whatever is on, the whole screen is filled to optimize the viewing experience.
For more information, head over to www.samsung.com/
Samsung Debuts the Bespoke CubeTM Air Purifier
Samsung Electronics aims to elevate living spaces with the Bespoke Cube™ Air Purifier which comes packed with intuitive and convenient features. Users can monitor the air quality and manages the air purifier remotely with SmartThings via a smartphone or tablet.
The Bespoke Cube™ Air Purifier features Samsung’s innovative WindFree™ technology which disperses air with less noise and without direct wind by creating a ‘still’ air environment. With 360 Air Purification, the Bespoke Cube™ Air Purifier powerfully draws in air from five directions and distributes clean air rapidly in either one or three directions depending on the indoor air quality.
The multi sterilization system of the Bespoke Cube™ Air Purifier features Electric Field Sterilization where it sterilizes 99% of the bacteria collected by the hybrid dust collecting filter in an electric field using an electrostatic discharger. The deodorization filter removes odours and toxic gases while the UV LED fan sterilizes 99.9% of the areas on the fan prone to gathering germs. This device can precisely detect gas dust and toxic gas thanks to the Micro Air Sensor that measures dust particles of various sizes (PM10/2.5/1.0) in real-time including ultrafine dust as small as 0.3㎛. The gas sensor also detects the degree of gaseous contamination including ammonia and benzene.
Samsung invites consumers to celebrate Raya in style and safety, and are giving a discount of RM200 off (retail recommended price is RM3,399) and free e-wallet credit worth up to RM100 when you purchase it from today until 5 June 2022 (terms and conditions apply).
Photo/ visual credits: Respective brands