2020 and 2021 so far have been a period of exceptional headwinds, creating a challenging environment for consumers and businesses alike. In fact, for many, this period has been the extraordinarily life-changing, where we were forced to embrace rapid digitalisation, as well as new norms due to the pandemic and ensuing lockdowns.
With 2021 slated to be a year where Malaysians continue to embrace new realities and a new way of life following digital shifts and transformations experienced last year, Hong Leong Bank Berhad (HLB) has launched its Chinese New Year (“CNY”) campaign ‘Renew Together, Prosper Together’, which aims to continue supporting Malaysians renew, refresh and rebuild stronger in 2021 and beyond. The CNY campaign features attractive interest rates and new savings opportunities as well as lucrative cashback for e-Ang Pows via DuitNow.
Speaking at the virtual launch of the campaign, Domenic Fuda, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HLB shared that the spirit of reunion and coming together to overcome challenges is even more profound this Lunar New Year. CNY, also known as ‘Guo Nian’ in Chinese, literally means overcoming Nian, a beast that would cause untold destruction to villages on CNY eve. It was said that a group of villagers worked together to chase away Nian. Since then, generations of people unite and come together every CNY eve, celebrating with full festivities to ensure Nian does not return.
“It seems fitting to compare COVID-19, to the Nian of our time. The events of the past year have triggered circumstances that call for a re-examination on how we explore new possibilities to serve and support customers, how we work and support each other, and how we interact and build relationships to continue operating effectively. If CNY traditions have one thing to impart on us, it is that we can always overcome any challenges by being united in our mind, spirit, purpose and actions.”
“As a community Bank, we will continue to serve and support our customers through our payment relief assistance plans as well as uplift the communities around us through offering relevant products and services that help clients with their finances and spending. More importantly, we will also continue to support individuals, SMEs and corporates seeking to strengthen and future-proof their finances and businesses, while ramping up our efforts in the digital banking front to ensure that customers are able to seamlessly access our banking services through a fully digital on-boarding and on-going servicing experiences.”
Charles Sik, Managing Director of Personal Financial Services of HLB shared that with recovery and rebuilding new beginnings are key focus areas for many consumers and businesses this year. “Keeping in mind that Malaysians will continue to forge ahead this year with optimism, determination and patience, we have curated a host of Ox-picious offerings to help everyone re-energise their finances and lifestyle this CNY. We will also be rewarding businesses who embrace going cashless, while making sure the ang pow giving traditions live on through digital means. After all, when we ‘Renew Together, we Prosper Together’.”
Here are some of Hong Leong Bank Berhad’s Chinese New Year 2021 offerings:
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR SAVINGS
Online e-FD Offer:
- Customers placing their FDs online from 11 – 26 Feb’21 can enjoy 2.40%p.a. for 6 months. T&C apply.
- Deposit RM888 on 28 February to earn 10 entries to stand a chance to win 20.21% p.a. 1 Day-Bonus Interest/Profit
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR FINANCES WITH ONLINE PERSONAL LOANS
- Enjoy 5% p.a. flat interest rate
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR FINANCIAL PLANS WITH NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Unit Trust Offer
- Start a Regular savings plan @ 0% sales charge (“SC”) for 1st subscription + 2.5% SC for the next 12 subscriptions
- Enhance your protection for you & loved ones this year. Sign up for a Regular Premium Plan & enjoy up to 4% p.a. FD rate.
- The first 100 to sign up wins a Swarovski Bowl Set with Eu Yan Sang YEN Bird Nest, with a minimum annual premium of RM36,000.
HLISB (TIA-i) (8 Jan – 31 Mar 2021)
- Enjoy indicative returns of 2.35% p.a. for 3 months and 2.40% p.a. for 6 months
- Every RM5000 in your placement gains 1 entry to stand a chance to win an iPad Air
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR LIFESTYLE WITH CREDIT CARDS
- Apply for a new Credit Card and get RM950 cashback
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR BUSINESS WITH SME OFFERS
- New merchants enjoy 0% fee on debit card transactions when signing up for HLB all-in-one POS terminal
- Stand a chance to win up to RM10,000 by joining HLB’s ‘PaySafeLah’ photo contest:
- Sign up on our promo page & receive a parcel from us
- Post a photo of yourself encouraging customers to go cashless on social media with #hlbpaysafelah #mydebitje
- Fill up a simple form at www.hlb.com.my/merchantphotocontest
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR CNY WITH DUITNOW/E-ANGPOW
- Over RM150k up for grabs. 1,050 total daily winners (RM88) and 75x grand prize winners (RM888)
- For every 3,088th e-angpow transaction done in a day, 30 customers will win RM88 daily from 25 January to 28 February
- For every 20,888th e-angpow transaction done in a day, 5 customers will win RM888 daily from 12 to 26 February
RENEW AND REFRESH WITH DATO’ JOEY YAP AND MR MONEY
Apart from the exciting offerings, HLB has roped in renowned Chinese metaphysics Dato’ Joey Yap and popular financial planning personality, Mr Money to share 2021 Fengshui insights and financial planning tips LIVE on @HLBMalaysia Facebook Page for all Malaysians on 5th Feb 2021, 8.30pm. Participants tuning in stand to win prizes worth RM3,888 during the session.
To highlight the Malaysian spirit that continues to shine through in 2021, HLB released a campaign video – a blend of live-action and 2D animation – to capture the essence of what it means to band together against a common foe, through the ‘Legend of Nian’ in a video titled ‘Nian: The Untold Story’.
“As we remain together to support each other in the fight against the pandemic, there are lessons we can learn from Ah Boy and Po Po. Taking a page out their book, we can see that it pays to come together and plan ahead, to defeat the common enemy, before rebuilding and renewing lives in times of unprecedented adversity. After all, when we unite and ‘Renew Together, we Prosper Together’ and we are the ones who will reap the benefits of a prosperous life in a prosperous Malaysia”, said Zalman Zainal, Chief Marketing and Communication Officer of HLB.
Zalman added, “Though it may be a myth, the lesson holds true and that has always been the point of myths. To allow the next generation to better learn from past mistakes and successes and, to better ourselves. We have come a long way, but we still have some ways to go before the pandemic subsides, therefore making plans today is the best step we can take towards securing our future. As the popular Chinese proverb goes ‘The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second-best time is now’.”
For more info, head over to www.hlb.com.my/en/personal-banking/campaigns/promotions/hlb-cny-2021-promotions.html
Photos courtesy of Hong Leong Bank Berhad.
0 comments on “Hong Leong Bank Berhad Launches their ‘Renew Together, Prosper Together’ Chinese New Year Campaign”