Ruby and I recently attended the launch of Hong Leong Bank Berhad’s Chinese New Year Promotion campaign “Tomorrow’s Success Begins Today”, that provides consumers with more cashback, more rewards and more ‘ong’ rates to encourage Malaysians to start seeding their own prosperity.
To showcase the meaning of the campaign, Hong Leong Bank introduced a heart-warming video entitled “The Grown Ups’ Table’, which features the point-of-view of Ah Girl, a precocious little girl who aspires to sit at the adults’ table during the reunion dinner and makes that aspiration her goal. She then starts strategizing ways to reach her goal and with sheer hard work and perseverance, she is eventually ‘promoted’ to the adults’ dinner table.
I seldom share TVCs/ advertisements, however, I was quite impressed with this refreshing take on Chinese New Year by a financial institution (in the past, FIs generally didn’t make very lifestyle festive ads to the standard of TNB or Petronas) that conveyed the FI’s key message in a very relatable yet cute manner.
Speaking at the recent launch of the campaign, Domenic Fuda, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HLB said the promotions are built around customers’ hope in renewing and revitalising their aspirations and dreams.
He said, “Dreams no matter how big or small, need to start from somewhere. With the right amount of hard work and conviction, they become our reality, our prosperity. There is power of taking action in the present moment and we hope that 2020 will be a year where all of us make this a practice for a better tomorrow. Keeping this in mind, we have tailored a range of banking products and services that we think will help seed their dreams and realize their goals and their prosperity, more so as we drive deeper into a digital and cashless era.”
HLB’s CNY promotion campaign will run from 8 January to 29 February and will see the Bank giving more rewards as well as more cashback and more ‘Ong’ interest rates to Malaysians across all its key products and services, covering consumers and businesses.
With digital banking and cashless payments being one of the key areas of focus for the Bank, Charles Sik, Managing Director of Personal Financial Services of HLB said, “During CNY, we always aim to give good rates for your cash with attractive interest rates for your investments, fixed deposits and loans to help kickstart the journey of having good financial health for the year. This year, as we move one step closer to becoming a cashless society, we wanted to reward our customers in their efforts of adopting a cashless lifestyle with e-wallets or cards and make the transition easier, which is also in line with our strategy of being digital at the core.”
A rousing start to the evening’s festivities!
HLB Credit Card Rewards during CNY
- Sign up for a HLB credit card and earn up to RM388 in cashback when you spend on the weekends.
- For existing cardholders – thank you very much — you can enjoy RM8 in cashback each time you spend RM100 and above on dining
- Enjoy as low as 4% interest rates per annum in personal loan financing and enjoy 3 months of interest/profit cashback
- Cardholders can also enjoy 0% interest flexi payment plan for 12 months via HL Connect mobile banking app.
- Stand a chance to win a travel package to Japan or Taiwan when you spend a minimum of RM100 on dining or retail purchases
HLB Debit Card Promotion with WeChat Pay during CNY
- Start using WeChat Pay e-wallet and get an RM8 e-Angpao when you top up RM30 with the HLB debit card.
More Exclusive “Ongsome” CNY Promotions
HLB is also offering lucrative cashback and ‘Ong’ interest rates for those looking to grow their cash:
- Just by referring a friend or family member to join Priority Banking, you stand a chance to be rewarded with an e-Angpao worth up to RM888
- For those looking to own a new car, HLB is offering unbeatable auto loan rates at as low as 2.18% per annum as well as a chance to win 0% interest/profit for your loan
- Enjoy 8.38% per annum Fixed Deposit interest rate for 3 months to start growing your wealth this CNY
- For both share margin financing and overdraft facility secured by unit trust, HLB is offering 3.88% per annum interest rates for the first 6-months as well as a chance to win an e-Angpao of RM388
- Get more cash from Call-for-Cash plus and enjoy in interest cashback the first 3 months
For more info, head over to:
0 comments on “Hong Leong Bank Rewards Customers that Go Cashless this Chinese New Year – “Tomorrow’s Success Begins Today””