[Travel & Hospitality News]
New Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens Scheduled to Open in Spring 2019
Just minutes from the historic city centre of Athens is a pine-clad peninsula jutting into the Aegean Sea, where the new Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is located, and now accepting reservations for arrivals beginning 29 March 2019.
“Nowhere in the world do ancient culture and modern lifestyle come together so beautifully than in Greece,” says Sam Ioannidis, the Hotel’s General Manager. “With our close proximity to the city – just 30 minutes from both the Acropolis and the airport – the ideal Greek vacation has never been more accessible. Whether taking a quick break or staying a few weeks to take in all the sights and immerse yourself in the glamour and fun of the Athenian Riviera, Four Seasons can help you customise your perfect beach holiday.”
Long a favoured playground of Athenians and international celebrities, the Astir Palace Hotel is now being transformed into the first Four Seasons experience in Greece with a significant renovation and reinvention of the property.
On the property, there will be three (3) private beaches and three swimming pools; a tennis academy, basketball court and non-motorised water sports; a fully supervised kids club; and an all-new spa and hydrotherapy house inspired by time-honoured Greek traditions. Dining and drinking options abound at seven restaurants and lounges, including Italian trattoria Mercato, Greek seafood restaurant Pelagos, authentic beachfront Taverna 37, Latin American-inspired Helios Grill at poolside, Aristotle’s Cigar Bar and more.
Accommodations include three (3) options – the mid-century modern Nafsika building with azure sea views from every room as well as lively scene through several of the Hotel’s restaurants, pool, fitness centre and boutiques; chic, laidback relaxation in the Bauhaus-esque Arion, which in addition to well-appointed rooms also houses several of the Hotel’s restaurants, as well as the Hippocrates-inspired spa with indoor pool; and the ultimate in beachside luxury in one of 61 renovated Bungalows nestled among the trees at the water’s edge.
In celebration of its grand opening, Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens presents three (3) room offers to choose from:
· Grand Opening Offer featuring 20 percent savings off the standard room rate and daily breakfast for two
· Bed and Breakfast, a popular option for those who want to start a day of exploring in style
· Stay Longer – Sixth Night Free including a complimentary sixth night with each five paid nights in a Suite or Bungalow as well as daily breakfast
To make a reservation, call +1-800-819-5053 or book online.
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens can also accommodate meetings, social occasions and weddings for groups from 12 to 560 in 2,119 square metres (22,813 square feet) of flexible event space. For MICE related matters, contact the Four Seasons catering and conference experts at +30 210 8901074.
Christmas Pop-Up at Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris
Chef Maxime will showcase a selection of his creations, including his iconic caramelised chocolate croissant, his exquisitely scented vanilla brioche and a selection of other sweet treats with a twist including the Annecien, a traditional cake originally created in the French Alps.
Chef Maxime gives a delightful nod to Artistic Director of Four Seasons Hotel George V Jeff Leatham and his seasonal decorations with the creation of a dark chocolate multi-faceted bear and fir tree, both created exclusively for the boutique.
For those looking out for the perfect way to surprise loved ones this Christmas, Four Seasons offers a selection of gift vouchers at its Christmas Pop-Up for relaxing interludes at Le Spa, gourmet tea-time or a Michelin starred experience in the Hotel’s restaurants Le Cinq, Le George or L’Orangerie. To fully explore the George V universe of talents, shoppers will discover Simone Zanoni’s book Mon Italie, Eric Beaumard’s The Wines of My Life and Visionary Floral Art and Design by Jeff Leatham.
Open every day from 8:00 am until 9:00 pm, the Christmas Pop-Up by Maxime Frederic welcomes guests through to January 7, 2019.
2020 Four Seasons Private Jet Itineraries
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, announced a curated collection of three Four Seasons Private Jet itineraries set to take flight in 2020. Featuring the trip of a lifetime to Rwanda and the Galápagos as part of the fastest selling itinerary to date, World of Adventures, the trio of international expeditions gives travellers the opportunity to discover the rare, wild and beautiful in the comfort and care of Four Seasons, aboard the brand’s Boeing 757.
“The feedback we’ve received since launching our fully branded and customised Four Seasons Private Jet Experience in 2015 has been overwhelmingly positive,” says Peter Nowlan, Chief Marketing Officer at Four Seasons. “Guests are beyond thrilled they can now cross destinations off their bucket lists in the comfort and care of Four Seasons, resulting in record-pace bookings and subsequent wait lists for each of our 2019 itineraries. Travellers are clearly responding to the dedicated team and renowned high touch service that we offer both on the ground, and when cruising at 40,000 feet.”
The all-encompassing itineraries feature air travel aboard the Four Seasons Private Jet, ground transportation, planned excursions, all meals and beverages, and luxurious accommodations at Four Seasons hotels and resorts.
International Intrigue (February 15 – March 9, 2020)
Seattle – Kyoto – Hoi An – Maldives – Serengeti – Marrakech – Budapest – St. Petersburg – Paris
Kicking off the 2020 line-up, travellers will take flight across four continents to visit thrilling cities and remote islands in celebration of vibrant cultures around the world. Adventurers will explore old Japan in Kyoto, discover the ancient temples of Hoi An in Vietnam, relax on pristine Maldives beaches, and taste the exotic flavours of Morocco. Jetsetters will also be witness to Serengeti sunsets and can enjoy a soak or two when visiting Budapest’s historic baths. A behind-the-scenes ballet experience awaits travellers in St. Petersburg before a final stop in the City of Light for a three-Michelin-starred farewell.
Timeless Encounters (March 12 – April 4, 2020)
Kona – Bora Bora – Sydney – Bali – Chiang Mai – Taj Mahal – Dubai – Prague – London
Over 24 days, travellers will relax on tranquil islands and celebrate one of the world’s most iconic architectural wonders. Beginning in Hawaii, Four Seasons Private Jet guests will then jet off to picture perfect Bora Bora, before making their way to Australia for a backstage tour of the Sydney Opera House. Bali’s jungles are next on the roster, ahead of a private Thai cooking lesson in Chiang Mai. On the way to Dubai, a quick stop in Agra for the day gives guests the chance to explore the legendary Taj Mahal. A private concert at the only remaining theatre where Mozart performed is on offer in Prague, and a final stop in London has new friends sailing down the Thames by twilight.
World of Adventures (June 3 – June 26, 2020)
Seattle – Kyoto – Bali – Seychelles – Rwanda – Marrakech – Bogotá – Galápagos Islands – Miami
With the 2018 journey sold out, and the 2019 journey also sold out within a record-breaking two months, the trip of a lifetime returns for another run in 2020. In Seychelles, guests will stroll among cinnamon and takamaka trees with a local artist, sketching the panoramic vista atop a granite plateau. Mules will take guests through the Atlas Mountains of Marrakech to sit down with a local family over tea and traditional cuisine. In the forest-covered mountains of Rwanda, guests will come face-to-face with a family of mountain gorillas in the company of a naturalist guide for up-close observation. When visiting the Galápagos Islands, guests will cruise through the crystal-clear waters of the remote archipelago, spending three nights aboard an exclusively chartered ship. The journey concludes in Miami, giving guests ample opportunity to explore the Magic City’s diverse arts scene.
From the 52 handcrafted flatbed leather seats to the exclusive in-flight amenities, the dedicated Four Seasons Private Jet team takes care of every need to ensure an unforgettable journey from take-off to landing. Designed to eliminate the added stress of planning while allowing guests to uncover what makes each destination truly unique, the newly announced itineraries for 2020 are predicted to sellout once again.
International Intrigue and Timeless Encounters itineraries begin at USD 147,000 per person based on double occupancy. World of Adventures begins at USD 155,000 per person based on double occupancy. While visiting the Galápagos Islands and Rwanda, guests will stay at accommodations carefully selected by the Four Seasons team.
For more info, head over to https://www.fourseasons.com/privatejet/
Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay Year-End Festive Program 2018
The riverside retreat of Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan (just voted #1 World’s Best Hotel by Travel + Leisure readers) and the beachfront Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay are offering unique experiences to encourage guests to connect with each other and refresh their spirit.
“The festive season is a time for decadent dining and fireworks, but it’s also a time to make a new beginning. Our festive programs offer the perfect balance between the two,” says Uday Rao, General Manager of Four Seasons Resorts Bali. “In Jimbaran, we have the new Taman Wantilan restaurant’s live action dinner concept, a vibrant Arabian Nights countdown party and the sophisticated lifestyle of Sundara beach-club, balanced against ocean-edge yoga, a blessing with our Balinese-Hindu priest, and a renowned psychic. While in Sayan, guests can enjoy traditional Balinese cuisine with our Sokasi Chef’s Table dinner under the banyan tree, and exquisite French tasting menus at Riverside Café from our new Michelin-profile chef. Drawing on the healing traditions of Ubud, Sacred River Spa offers chakra rebalancing, New Year’s Eve meditation and a letter burning ritual. It’s not a matter of indulgence or inner peace; guests can have both.”
Highlights of the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay festive program:
- December 25 and 31, 2018: Chefs take centre stage at the new Taman Wantilan, renovated and relaunched in time for the festive season. Watch them in action at the spectacular show kitchens, preparing a sumptuous selection of Western festive fare and Asian cuisine.
- December 22, 2018 – January 10, 2019: An unforgettable Christmas awaits the little ones as they catch waves with Santa, sing carols with children from a local church, learn to cook with Chef Kris at Jala Cooking Academy, and play Balinese dress-ups and cultural activities. An extra special treat is a visit to the gelato and crepe station, inside the Patisserie at Taman Wantilan.
- December 27, 2018 – January 9, 2019: While the festive season is joyful, it can also sharpen that sense of loss if someone is missing. Guests can connect with a loved one on the other side or find out what 2019 has in store for them with a Sixth Sense reading by psychic Marco Della Valle, the visiting wellness practitioner.
- December 31, 2018: As the sun sets for the last time in 2018, guests can join an ocean-front Yoga Suci Ritual with a blessing by a Balinese-Hindu priest to cleanse away any negative energy, before an evening of indulgence at the Resort’s restaurants. A red carpet entrance leads to the Arabian Nights beach party with Shamadan dancers, fortune teller, henna tattoo artist, midnight fireworks and DJ until the early hours.
Highlights of the Four Seasons Sayan festive program:
- December 24-31, 2018: With over a decade of experience at Michelin-star restaurants in France and Norway, new Executive Sous Chef Jean-Philippe Guiard brings the traditions of a European Christmas to Bali, presenting exquisite French tasting menus by the river. Meanwhile, guests can observe the rituals and techniques behind famous Balinese dishes such as suckling pig and roast duck at the Sokasi Chef’s Table dinner, a nine-course menu served personally by Senior Sous Chef Wayan Sutariawan.
- December 31, 2018: Resident wellness mentor and former Buddhist nun Ibu Fera leads relaxation meditation with crystal sound healing and a burning letter ritual to let go of past negativities. Then at night the sky will light up with fireworks from the Jati Bar countdown party.
- Daily: The Sacred River Spa has designed seven very special Chakra Ceremonies to restore harmony to the flow of energy through our body. Each full body spa treatment has a corresponding Chakra Yoga class available for guests to join at Dharma Shanti Bale, to maximize the benefits of their chakra rebalancing therapy.
Special Accommodation Offers Valid Over the Festive Season:
- At Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay guests will enjoy a bonus 4th night free with the Stay Longer promotion, while the Family Vacation Package offers a 30 percent savings and exclusive family benefits.
- At Four Seasons Sayan, guests can save 20 percent on the Best Available Rates with the Advance Purchase Offer, for bookings made at least 7 days before the check-in date.
Images courtesy of Four Seasons.