[Food & Beverage Happenings]
Headed over to The BBP which is located in The Club, Bandar Utama with MHB’s Kate Lee and her sister for the grand launch of the outlet on 22 November 2015. The BBP is a gastropub style restaurant, serving up old fashioned pork ribs, a wide selection of barbeque meats accompanied by sides and snacks. It is suitable for after-work drinks, with a selection of local and imported beers.
The BBP prides themselves on serving high quality meat and the freshest food, with a #MeatStation that allows you to handpick your favourite choice of meat to be barbequed right before your eyes. For the more health conscious, the #SaladStation allows you the flexibility to produce your own salad. The venue has a long bar for those who prefer to be closer to the drinks, low tables for meals, as well as an interior section with sofas for you to lounge in.
The BBP can fit events and gatherings up to one hundred fifty guests, and is also a good place to watch sporting events, with major matches being broadcast in the main dining area, as well as on a number of TVs spread throughout the rest of the space.
The menu is decently priced (taking into account the location of course) and here are the prices of some of the key dishes:
- Pork Knuckle with garden vegetables and jacket potatoes – Half knuckle at RM40 and Whole knuckle at RM75
- BBQ Iberico Pork at RM40.00
- Caramelized Pork Belly at RM18.00 (these were really good and Kate ate bowl after bowl of these!)
- Pork Bacon Mash Potato – RM6.00
- Pork Sausage (Hungarian and Italy) – RM7.00 per piece
- Charcoal garlic bread – RM12.00
- Irish Oysters – RM10.00 per piece
There is also the #theBBP platter priced at RM65.00 which consists of Nachos, Spicy squid heads, Cheese boom, White bait, and Caramelized Pork Belly.
The #theBBP @ The Club is located at:
47800 Petaling Jaya,
Opening hours: 5.00pm – 1.00am (Tuesday – Sunday)