Oris Unveils the Audi Sport Limited Edition II in Malaysia
Headed down to Suria KLCC on 17 September 2015 for the launch of the new Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II. The launch event coincided with the Oris roadshow held at Suria KLCC which ran till Monday, 21 September 2015.
Oris was founded by Paul Cattin and Georges Christian in 1904, and have been making watches in Switzerland for over 100 years. Its watches are purely mechanical and can be recognised by their distinctive design as well as the red rotor, the symbol of Oris mechanicals.
Oris is the Official Watch Partner of the Audi Sport teams racing in both the FIA World Endurance Championships (WEC) and German Touring Car Championship (DTM). Audi Sport has won the gruelling 24 Heures du Mans or the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race an unprecedented 12 times since 2000. In 2014, Audi Sport topped the podium again with the Oris-sponsored Audi R18 e-tron quattro, by a team including Swiss driver and Oris Ambassador, Marcel Fässler.
“In the end, this is what wins or loses races. Only if all parts of the setup are perfectly balanced, drivers have a chance to show their skills and end the race on the podium. And it’s not much different from when I’m over in our factory back in Hölstein in Switzerland or in our service centre here in Kuala Lumpur, where our engineers, designers and watchmakers are perfecting our watches, to get the very best performance out of them. But don’t get me wrong, we are not trying to make our watches go faster, but to make them as precise as possible, for many years to come. Now, engineering excellence is just one of the many similarities between motorsport and our mechanical watches. We also share the drive to find new high-performance materials all the time. And we want to make sure that our machines look great, with a speed-influenced design. We take all this, mix it with the strong Oris DNA, to create real watches for real people, as we call it.” said Micheal Meier, Country Manager, Malaysia and Singapore, Oris.
This new Oris timepiece is limited to just 2,000 pieces and has a stealthy all-black look: its case is cast in lightweight titanium and PVD coated in black DLC; it has a black dial; and the bi-directional rotating bezel has a scratch-resistant black ceramic insert engraved with a minute scale.
The timepiece also has red central seconds and sub-dial counter hands, and a dial ring with tachymeter scale directly assembled to the case. It is water-resistant up to ten bars, and is constructed from a resilient multi-piece titanium case, screw-in stainless steel crown and stainless steel pushers, all with black DLC coating.
This sporty watch also features a double-domed sapphire crystal and with anti-reflective coating on both sides. Holding it to your wrist is a black perforated leather racing strap with black DLC and a coated titanium folding clasp.
Product Name: Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II
Ref. No.: 778 7661 7784 LS, Ø 44.00mm
• Automatic movement Oris Cal. 778, based on Sellita SW 500, with Chronograph function, and day and date function at 3 o’clock
• Multi-piece titanium case, screw-in stainless steel crown and stainless steel pushers, all with black DLC coating. Water resistant to 10 bar/100m
• Bi-rotating black ceramic bezel with minute scale and rubber coated ‘good grip’ insert on the outside edge
• Sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating on both sides
• Special engraved titanium case back with black DLC coating and engraved limited number
• Two piece matt black dial. Dial ring with tachymeter scale directly assembled to the case. Second and minute counters.
• Applied numerals filled with black Super-LumiNova. Black polished nickel hour and minute hands with Super-LumiNova inlay; central seconds and subdial counter hands in red.
• Special retrograde small seconds display at 9 o’clock developed by Oris
• Black perforated leather racing strap with black DLC coated titanium folding clasp
Also present were some celebrities.
The Oris Audi Limited Edition II retails at RM14,600.00 and is available at selected watch retailers nationwide including selected Watatime outlets (http://www.watatime.com.my/)
For more information, head over to www.oris.ch