I recently attended “Grapes Meet Cocoa” at JIS Kuala Lumpur which is a journey of wine and cognac accompanied with chocolates. The networking event featured pairings which were facilitated by Ning, the founder of Chocolate Concierge, and Jean-Baptist’s Gourvil, Martell Brand Ambassador who led us guests through a tasting of five (5) different pairings:
1. Jacob’s Creek Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir with Nama Apple Crumble
2. Jacob’s Creek Shiraz with Cherry Cranberry
3. Jacob’s Creek Moscato with Tiramisu Tartlet
4. Martell VSOP with Banana Boat
5. Martell Cordon Bleu with Salted Caramel Truffle Duo
JIS was founded in 2011 in Sapporo, Japan. The founder of JIS noticed that it was difficult to meet new people in the city. It simply isn’t normal in Asian culture to strike up a conversation with a stranger, so he developed the idea for a ‘social lounge’ concept in Sapporo. In order to ensure it became a place where people would go to meet new friends and connections, 3 things would be essential to its success:
- Instead of awkward introductions, leave it to the JIS System.
- Competitive pricing was necessary to draw the crowds in.
- It had to be a place you wanted to be.
JINSEINI IRODORIWO SOERU which stands for Adding Colour To Life, and became a promise and purpose that would guide the brand’s cultural success.
For more info on JIS Kuala Lumpur, head over to https://jisbar.com.my/
The event was co-organised together with Hall of Fame, which offers curated experiences to its members.
For more info on Hall of Fame, head over to https://thefame.my/hall-of-fame/
Photo credits: Andy Kho Photography for Hall of Fame