Sime Darby Auto Connexion (SDAC), the sole distributor of Ford in Malaysia, today launched the latest addition to the (immensely popular in Malaysia) Ranger line-up – the Ford Ranger Wi2ldtrak 2.2L – which is now available at all showrooms nationwide.
The new Ford Ranger Wi2ldtrak 2.2L is priced at RM127,8881 (*RM133,8882 – for Sabah & Sarawak) inclusive of GST, on-the-road without insurance and for private registration, the new Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L gives Malaysian consumers an additional option in the renowned Ranger range of tough, capable and versatile pickup trucks at a lower pricepoint.
“The Ranger continues to be a Malaysian favourite, and the Wildtrak 2.2L will give Ranger customers even more choice to own the toughest, most capable pickup truck in the market,” said Syed Ahmad Muzri Syed Faiz, managing director, Sime Darby Auto Connexion.
The Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L is powered by a turbocharged 2.2-litre Duratorq four-cylinder TDCi diesel engine that balances power and fuel efficiency, while putting out maximum power of 160PS at 3,000 rpm and peak torque of 385 Nm at 1,600 to 2,600 rpm. Paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, the improved engine has been carefully calibrated to deliver significant savings to drivers over the life of the vehicle, while also providing the power Ranger customers demand.
Featuring the same muscular, distinctive exterior and modern, smart and functional interior as its (larger engine capacity) Ranger siblings, the 2.2L variant also includes a full array of smart and safety features such as SYNC 3 connectivity with Apple Carplay and Android Auto support for enhanced convenience. Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) system also provides precise steering at higher speeds while offering more control for low-speed manoeuvring.
As with all Rangers, the Wildtrak 2.2L is designed and engineered to handle the most extreme terrains with ease with class-leading 800mm water-wading capability, 235mm ground clearance, exceptional payload capacity and unbeatable towing ability of 3,500kg.
A more aggressive exterior design gives the Ford Ranger Wildtrak its tough yet sophisticated look, while the stylish interior creates a comfortable, contemporary and car-like environment ideal for work, everyday driving and off-the-grid adventures during weekends or holidays.
The Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L offers the same suite of smart technologies and safety features as the 3.2L variant which includes:
- SYNC 3 the latest generation of Ford’s in-car connectivity system with an eight-inch touchscreen, giving drivers smarter and safer ways to stay connected using natural voice commands
- A 240-volt power socket that can be used to power a laptop or tablet computer anywhere
- Lane Departure Warning alerts drivers with a vibration in the steering wheel if it detects the vehicle straying from its lane. If no action is taken to correct the drift, Lane Keeping Aid applies steering torque to guide the vehicle back into its lane
- Adaptive Cruise Control makes use of radar sensors to adjust to the flow of traffic. Once the cruising speed is set, it decelerates automatically when traffic slows down and returns to the pre-set speed when the road clears ahead
- Adjustable Speed Limiter helps ensure drivers avoid unintentionally exceeding the maximum speed that has been pre-selected
- Forward Collision Alert & Mitigation by Brakes lets out a chime and flashes a visual warning on the windscreen when it detects a high probability of a collision. The system also pre-charges the brakes for enhanced stopping power
- 4×4 shift on the fly allows for switching between 2WD and 4WD High or Low mode with a knob on the centre console
- Electronic locking rear differential helps lock rear wheels together to improve traction in difficult conditions
- MyKey system allows owners to customise car settings including top speed, audio volume and seatbelt reminders
- Electronic Stability Program with traction control, rollover mitigation and trailer sway control helps to keep the vehicle under control even in adverse conditions
- Hill Launch Assist makes steep grades safer to maintain a constant speed while descending
- Hill Descent Control helps drivers confidently start off from a slope
- Adaptive Load Control calculates the weight and centre of gravity when hauling a load further optimising safety and driving performance
- Rear view camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Six airbags (dual front, side and curtain)
- Volumetric burglar alarm system
- ISOFIX mounting points for child seats
The new Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L also comes with an early bird offer of two (2) years/40,000km (whichever comes first) free service and maintenance, and comes in three colours namely Cool White, Pride Orange and Shadow Black.
To celebrate the launch of the Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L and SDAC’s 10-year anniversary, customers who register to purchase any Ranger model from now to 30 June 2018 will stand to win a grand prize of one (1) Ford Fiesta 1.5L Sport. There are also 15 units of Huawei Mate 10 Pro smartphones up for grabs. Winners will be determined through monthly lucky draw, with five (5) smartphones to win each month. The grand prize winner will be announced after the final draw in June.
Additionally, specially designed ‘Built Tough’ luggage tags are available for test drive of any Ford models during the campaign period.
For more information, head over to http://www.sdacford.com.my
Visuals courtesy of Ford Malaysia (SDAC).